Sound problems

Reaction score
I have a problem with the Windows XP; the sound doesn't work at all! I have the latest version of BootCamp, and all the updates for the Windows. I searched in forums and I tried everything I read but nothing works :( Plz give me some advice, ideas...anything. Thq

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing to do is determine if the sound device in your Mac is working OK in Windows.

In Windows: Open Control Panel and select "System". Now select Hardware Devices. Expand the hardware tree with your mouse and highlight the sound device. If there is no exclamation mark over the sound device, right click and select properties. See if a driver is installed.

If everything is OK, check volume settings and make sure the master volume is up. There are several places in Windows where the volumes can be set so be sure to check all.

If no drivers are installed or there is an exclamation mark over the sound device, use your Leopard disk 1 to install drivers.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
The drivers are installed, they just don't work. I tried re-installing them and that didn't work either but I'm gonna try again. The thing is that if I press the volume buttons ( the ones for mac F10...) it shows the picture but with the mute sign over it ...(giving details...I might sound ...blonde but :">)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.