Problem with 24" iMac display!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with my 24" iMac. For some reason it seems that after approx. 10 minutes using the Mac, whenever I keep a window on top of another window and then I minimize it, it keeps there like a ghost for another 5-10 seconds until it fades away slowly slowly.

Sometimes it's hard to see it however it's very evident when using a white window (such as Safari) on a dark background (not black).

I'm attaching an image split into 2 parts, the 2nd part is shot exactly after I minimised the browser. It clearly shows a faded ghost image on the grey Photoshop canvas.

Here's the pic:
http://www.neilazzopardi.com/imac.jpg

Has anyone ever experienced a problem similar to mine? or am I getting paranoid?

By the way, I bought this Mac, 5 months ago and I don't know whether this problem has been there from the beginning but I only noticed recently while cropping in Photoshop and still seeing the parts I removed away very faded.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make an appointment with your local Apple store genius bar to take it in and let them have a look at it. The "ghosting" as you call it is certainly not normal. You may have a defective display but there could be other reasons for the "ghosting".

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.