VMWare Fusion vs Parallels

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been doing some research into both VMWare Fusion and Parallels to figure out which would perform better with XP on a macbook.

Most of the benchmark tests were done quite some time ago and both pieces of software have gone through revisions.

So was kinda hoping that people with some first hand experience of both could advise as to which software i should use on my macbook for running XP.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Please use the search feature on mac-forums.com, this topic has been discussed countless times…

You can download both trial versions of vmware fusion and parallels and see what you think. Some people will say vmware fusion is better and other people will say parallels is better, it's down to whichever one you prefer…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yup, Try both of them, see which you like more. I use Fusion cos I got it cheap.

Reaction score
If all you are doing is running Windows in a virtual machine, both Fusion and Parallels are very similar and do the same basic things. Fusion has more flexibility for other operating systems. But for Windows, it comes down to which you prefer on style points because they both work great and very similarly for Windows.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.