macbook identity crisis

Reaction score
This is sort of a confusing situation, but here i go:

so my ibook got run over (long story) 2 years ago, but the hard drive was still running, so my friend suggested that i get a new laptop and just transfer over the hard drive via firewire.
Worked great, and it was as if nothing was changed, plus new programs and built in camera

1 year later... (1 month ago)

For some reason, hard drive dies and so I have to get it replaced.
I do the same thing with my iBook (still alive wow) and it is as i left it a year ago.
However, my macbook programs, like photobooth, arent there, and recently,
my camera for ichat hasnt been working (ichat and skype crash when i try to open video)

the hardware overview stuff indicates that it is a macbook, but otherwise, it is identified as my iBook.

is there something i can download, like an updater?? what can i do???
please help!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Did you install OS X on the new HD before transferring things from the iBook HD? If you just cloned the drive you won't have any of the standard programs that weren't already on the old drive.

OP
A
Reaction score
Did you install OS X on the new HD before transferring things from the iBook HD? If you just cloned the drive you won't have any of the standard programs that weren't already on the old drive.

well yeah, i just transferred the hard drive info over when osx first started up
but
when i did that the first time, there was no issue with the programs or the isight

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.