10.5 install help

Reaction score
So I have a iBook g4 that meets all of the min requirements for install of 10.5. I have successfully installed 10.5 at an earlier date off someone elses disk but it stopped working :'(. Now when I try to install it on my own disk I choose english then it says preparing install and then says Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer. Any ideas??!?!?!?:Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot the iBook with your Leopard disk and run Disk Utility direct from the DVD. Erase the disk, partition and format as HFS+ and then install the operating system and applications. You might want to make a backup of all your data first.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
could this have something to do with being a single version and not family? i thought at least i would get to cd key entry.

OP
S
Reaction score
i do not get the option to uprgrade or install it just says choose language then stops and says it cannot be installed on this computer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.