First Mac, a few questions

Reaction score
I just got my Macbook today! The setup was unbelievably easy, but I have a few questions with regards to working apps.

-Is there a way to organize documents? I tried to put some of the word files I imported from my PC into a folder, but when I created a new folder I couldn't find a way to move documents into it.

-What are comments on Keynote? I want to download my professors' presentations and type notes on them. Is that the best way to do it?

-When you create an album in iPhoto, how do you select multiple pictures to be added at the same time? Also, is there a way to add pics from Photobooth to iPhoto more efficiently than one at a time?

That's all I have right now. All in all, I was surprised at how hassle free installation was and how seamlessly my files transfered over. I think that once I get the hang of things I'll absolutely adore my Mac!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You just click and drag files into a folder like you normally would on windows.

Reaction score
test things, see what happens =)

todays people are to lazy :D

Reaction score
test things, see what happens =)

todays people are to lazy :D

Or in fact he just wants to do things the right way and not screw up something. He spent good money on a great machine and wants every thing to go right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
unfortunately at the moment there isnt an automated way for photobooth photos to be automatically transferred into iphoto (without the use of Folder Actions, but thats probably too complicated for you atm)... so the quickest method i can reccommend is to go to you pictures folder, select the photobooth folder within it and drag that into iphoto. this will add all the photos at once, but unfortunately you will have to keep updating it as you take more photos with your iSight camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
If you wanted to ad notes to the presentation in Keynote, I would recomend adding a text box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.