if I have an Iphone for more than a year and it breaks am I screwed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
I just heard a Iphone horror story from one of my co-workers. Her husband had the first gen Iphone. (got it on launch day) and it completely died on him last week. the apple store told him they couldn't replace it since it was more than a year old, and it would be a $100 for them to take the phone apart to take a look at it. intead of paying $100 for them to take apart the phone he purchased a 3G for $200. Is there no insurance on the Iphone that will replace it?
I am thinking of switching to an Iphone, but knowing that t-mobile will replace my phone if breaks or is stolen is good to know. So if I switch to an Iphone and after a year it dies am I screwed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Will tmobile replace it for free if it breaks after the warranty is up? Do they charge you for that "free" replacement in your bill? I would read the fine print on that one.

BTW: you can always buy Applecare and get a second year of warranty on it if you're that worried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If you have T-Mobile and use the iPhone on their network they are not going to replace the phone for you if it breaks or gets stolen anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
If you have T-Mobile and use the iPhone on their network they are not going to replace the phone for you if it breaks or gets stolen anyways.

I would love to be in a T-Mobile store to see the look on the employee's face when someone brings in an iPhone for replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
You can always get 3rd Party iPhone insurance, such as www.iCoverPro.com

I have heard that you can add electronics protection on your Home Insurance policy, although I haven't done it myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For those who do not know, many home owners and auto insurance policies will cover your cell phone loss as well.

You can always get 3rd Party iPhone insurance, such as www.iCoverPro.com

Hmmm...$100 deductible seems sort of steep. Most are only $50...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
For those who do not know, many home owners and auto insurance policies will cover your cell phone loss as well.

Hmmm...$100 deductible seems sort of steep. Most are only $50...

Yea, it does seem really expensive. I am not aware of the other ones, so I just suggested the only one I know :|

But if your phone ever does come down to a replacement situation, your Home/Auto insurance SHOULD cover it, considering you have the coverage on the policy. Try calling your insurance agent.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I would love to be in a T-Mobile store to see the look on the employee's face when someone brings in an iPhone for replacement.

I'll do that an let you know how it goes LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.