Wireless networking with airport extreme

S

set398

I have just switched from cable to wireless using an airport extreme base station connected to a dsl line. My specific problem involves the use of Azureus, since switching I have not been able to maintain download speeds and have the yellow health warnings in Azureus (which suggest a NAT problem).

I believe this is a port forwarding issue, I have made the 6881 port a public and private port in the airport admin utility although this has made no difference. I am a newbie and winging this a bit and would therefore be grateful for any guidance and explanations.

Thanks

Reaction score
set398 said:
I have just switched from cable to wireless using an airport extreme base station connected to a dsl line.
When you say cable, you mean a wire from the router to your computer? Well you could disconnect the airport, and jsut run a cord directly form the modem to the computer and see if the donwload speeds are faster. Then you will know if it's the airport base.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.