The switch...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1ghz, 40gb HD, 768mb mem, Tiger
I have used PC's for well over 15 years, became an avid OS/2 user in the late nighties and pushed to years of headaches using the Windows platform. BSOD's, unresponsiveness, unpredictable behaviors, slowness etc.

I have a G4 tower and G4 PowerBook that I am happy to use.

It does not feel as solid and efficient as OS/2 but it gets the work done without complication. And the UI is simple, elegant and musters the power of Unix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
friend of mine was a die hard pc guy, programmer. very smart programmer. 25 years or more. when OSX came out, he got an imac. then another and another. has a all mac network in the home now. He wont even touch a windows box anymore, he's tired of the years of troubleshooting and tweaking and hassles.

He loves his macs. :)

BTW, I had a G4 tower (sawtooth). 7 years when I sold it. That mac is still working today, trouble free and 8 yrs old.

OP
pcpage
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My tower is a Sawtooth too (500mhz) and I am glad to say video editing in iMovie is no trouble at all.

It also runs Photoshop CS1 pretty well too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
OS/2 was ahead of it's time. It had a true 32 bit core, with true multitasking back when NT4 was the only other OS capable of it (but unstable). But MS muscled them out of just about all market shares, besides ATMs

OP
pcpage
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS/2 was ahead of it's time. It had a true 32 bit core, with true multitasking back when NT4 was the only other OS capable of it (but unstable). But MS muscled them out of just about all market shares, besides ATMs

Have you seen the OS/2 NT shootout of '93? Microsoft asked to have their part removed from the final tape. David Barnes does a great performance...even tops todays Steve Jobs imo.

A came across someone who still works with OS/2 at work and he had an original copy of the event.

I uploaded the video in five parts on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOKUuNg8JEg (part 3)

Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.