Leopard's Mail Program

Reaction score
hi

i've recently switched from pc to mac and i'm having trouble setting my email account on Mail.

i dont know if anyone is using Virgin Media as their internet provider, but i've set it up as instructed on the website but i cant seem to download my emails? i can compose and send new email but i can check my email and download?

can someone help me please.

my details are

name of internet provider: Virgin Media
incoming: pop.ntlworld.com
outgoing: smtp.ntlworld.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
Hard to say, but did you check if you need SSL on the smtp server?

Reaction score
Me too

I'm far from computer illiterate or anything but I'm going mental here trying to find out where to go to put up new posts. How'd u do it.

Oh and I set up a mail account ages ago, never used it and now I cant remember the password so I wanna start a new one and get rid of the old one only I cant. Its a real pain.

Anyone wanna shed some light on this debacle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I'm far from computer illiterate or anything but I'm going mental here trying to find out where to go to put up new posts. How'd u do it.

Oh and I set up a mail account ages ago, never used it and now I cant remember the password so I wanna start a new one and get rid of the old one only I cant. Its a real pain.

Anyone wanna shed some light on this debacle?

Go to the forum you want to post in and click the new thread button on the top left, under the red bar.

And what mail account are you talking about?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Here's what works for me:

vql8ci.jpg

2qx55lf.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.