• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any of you Mac owners also 360 owners???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
what? No virtual boy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
nop i played it and didn't like it also hardly any games for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
nop i played it and didn't like it also hardly any games for it
Well, it was meant as an obscure reference. If I was really suggesting the lack of a good console, I'd have mentioned Intellivision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
note taken ;)

right now its just jamming with guitar hero

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
No PS3, no XBox or XBox 360 and no Wii here....still happy and content with my PS2 Slim.....just does it for me. Then there is my NES (yeah the original NES) nothin like classic Super Mario Brothers or Duck Hunt lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.4ghz, RAM 1GB
I own a mac and I am on my 2nd xbox. MS has the best console..if you want a great working console for 2 months or so...if you expect anything after that forget it! I had the ring of death after a couple months on my first system and only after 10 days on my 2nd. My friend is also on his 3rd replacment from MS. Apparently...from what I hear....and i could be wrong...is when you send your xbox for repair...they simply soder (sp?) the troubled parts that have become overheated, etc. When are they going to actually FIX the problem and not have to extend their warranty and lower their price...not that anyone is complaining about that...but it doesnt appear they have fixed the problem from the ground up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I have a 360, but I don't think Microsoft make the best consoles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Having never owned a console myself (except for an Atari 2600 back in the day), the only console I'm seriously interested in now is the Wii. I just don't see what other consoles offer that I can't do on a PC/Mac with greater ease.

I personally like the feel of holding a controller in my hand, and not using a mouse and pressing keys for directional movements. I just like analog sticks. :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ditto, plus getting into any comfortable position on or off my couch in front of the 42" lcd is a plus. :D

Reaction score
Well I'm largely referring to playability. Having become a strong keyboard/mouser, I could never go back to a joystick of any kind except perhaps for the most simplistic games. Games that are designed with a PC's keyboard/mouse in mind tend to offer more control, shortcuts, etc. from what I've seen.

I bought an XBOX (the original one) a few years ago, for the sole purpose of playing some of the Medal of Honor games that hadn't made it to the PC. This was a HUGE mistake. FPS games are just terrible with those analog joysticks, I found myself getting fragged constantly. Until they come out with one that you can hook a mouse up to, I'm just not interested.

I used to think the exact same thing. I used to be a huge fan of online FPS games (on PCs) and thought that consoles were just not made for FPS gaming.

Then I got the xbox360, and sure it took me a while to really get used to the controller. But now, I play Call of Duty 4 on the xbox and have never looked back at PC gaming. Maybe I just never was very good with a mouse/keyboard, but i'm definately doing better with a controller.

Or maybe CoD4's controls are just perfect :)

Anyway, xbox 360 owner here! I've never really been interested in the PS3, since there's no games I want on it that I can't get on the 360. If i ever decide to get a Blu Ray player however, i'll probably just get the PS3

The Wii, well there's just too few games i'd play.

Reaction score
I own a mac and I am on my 2nd xbox. MS has the best console..if you want a great working console for 2 months or so...if you expect anything after that forget it! I had the ring of death after a couple months on my first system and only after 10 days on my 2nd. My friend is also on his 3rd replacment from MS. Apparently...from what I hear....and i could be wrong...is when you send your xbox for repair...they simply soder (sp?) the troubled parts that have become overheated, etc. When are they going to actually FIX the problem and not have to extend their warranty and lower their price...not that anyone is complaining about that...but it doesnt appear they have fixed the problem from the ground up.

You ARE wrong. Ever since July 2007, they fix the problem (the GPU heat sink I beilieve it was).

Actually, you'd have to be pretty lucky to receive the same console you sent in, as they send back refurbished consoles most of the time.

I had the RROD after about 8 months. I sent it in, received the refurb one, which also had the more recent DVD player - much quieter than the one i originally had. That was a little over a year ago, and i've not had one problem with it since then.

But i keep it right in front of the AC, just in case :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 GHz MacBook, Mac OS X v10.5.6 | 8 GB iPhone 3G, v2.2
Ah, lets se this. Although the Xbox 360 has the RROD, I'd like to see someone who agrees that Apple makes the best computers but Microsoft makes the best consoles.

It'll be funny, I'm getting a Macbook for my birthday and a 360 for X-mas!!

Haha, I perfectly agree with you...
I've even got the exact same setup, as spooky as that sounds, a MacBook and an Xbox 360 ;)

Of course, if Apple made a console things could become quite interesting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HHD, Dual-Boot Windows XP SP2
you'd better like it, aren't you paying monthly for it? ;P

I pay yearly it's only $49 yearly but it's like 20 bucks for 3 months and 8 for monthly.... :( lolz...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
I have a 360, and I have bought a mac (it just hasn't arrived yet). I think the M$ has a better overall package then the PS3, and espically a better back catalogue as it has been out longer. However in the favour of the PS3 it is catching up the differences between the platforms are getting less and less, espically now that the programmers have learn't how to program effectively for the PS3. The graphical differences are now just down to how each respective console handles shading and lighting mostly, delivering almost identical experiances throughout.

I do believe that M$ has the advantage in the online offering, yes you have to pay but you generally get high speed low latency seversto play on, apart from the fact is something daft like £2-£3/month which looking at it is nothing.

I do believe that the PS3 will last for longer, and that the curren cycle will repeat itself with Microsoft dropping their next, next gen console years before either Sony or Nintendo are ready to proceed with theirs.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you do know that the back calalogue on the PS3 goes back to 1995 and includes hundreds and hundreds of games, right? ;P

of course, the real point is the exclusives. some people can't live without halo or fable, and some can't live without gran turismo or metal gear.
the secondary point is the controllers, i have, over the last 13 years or so come to absolutely adore the playstation controllers.

i do agree, and have been saying for some time, that the PS3 will absolutely have longer legs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
you do know that the back calalogue on the PS3 goes back to 1995 and includes hundreds and hundreds of games, right? ;P

I have to say I wasn't counting the ones released for the PS2, in the same way I wasn't counting the ones for the orginal xbox in the 360's total ;D

I wasn't really talking about exclusives and I fall into that rare catagory for 360 owners - the ones that think Halo is not in fact the scond coming of the deity of your choice. I was talking about titles released with the 360 / or ps3 in mind specifically.

As said I think sony built a better machine, however I dont believe the cost of what they are offering is equal to the product they are delivering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.