• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any of you Mac owners also 360 owners???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Ah, lets se this. Although the Xbox 360 has the RROD, I'd like to see someone who agrees that Apple makes the best computers but Microsoft makes the best consoles.

It'll be funny, I'm getting a Macbook for my birthday and a 360 for X-mas!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
being a current PS3 and macbook owner, and understanding the red ring of death shame MS has added to it's laundry list of errors, i have to politely disagree.

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Having never owned a console myself (except for an Atari 2600 back in the day), the only console I'm seriously interested in now is the Wii. I just don't see what other consoles offer that I can't do on a PC/Mac with greater ease.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
actually, the new consoles make things pretty easy, even system and game updates. and considering that there are many games on the PS3 that won't ever come to MS/mac, you can't do everything on a mac/pc that you can do on a PS3 - though for the most part, you'd be able to play most of the games that come to xbox.

ps - i loved my 2600 :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
being a current PS3 and macbook owner, and understanding the red ring of death shame MS has added to it's laundry list of errors, i have to politely disagree.

;P
Same here. Though I do get together with 5-7 buddies of mine every Friday to play Halo 3 in the garage (on 4 TVs). I think only one of the 4 360s he had didn't need to get replaced, and one of them needed fixing twice. Not a good failure rate to be sure. I'll still say game-wise the 360 has the best game selection, but I do prefer my PS3's build quality and Blu-Ray playback overall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am a 360 owner because I like the games and I hate the ps3 controllers, I don't like the way they fit my hand. That being said, I have had to replace teh 360 more than once so... its not really a great build quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
actually, the new consoles make things pretty easy, even system and game updates. and considering that there are many games on the PS3 that won't ever come to MS/mac, you can't do everything on a mac/pc that you can do on a PS3 - though for the most part, you'd be able to play most of the games that come to xbox.

ps - i loved my 2600 :D

Well I'm largely referring to playability. Having become a strong keyboard/mouser, I could never go back to a joystick of any kind except perhaps for the most simplistic games. Games that are designed with a PC's keyboard/mouse in mind tend to offer more control, shortcuts, etc. from what I've seen.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I bought an XBOX (the original one) a few years ago, for the sole purpose of playing some of the Medal of Honor games that hadn't made it to the PC. This was a HUGE mistake. FPS games are just terrible with those analog joysticks, I found myself getting fragged constantly. Until they come out with one that you can hook a mouse up to, I'm just not interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I am on my third 360 (rings of death) and although the games are better than any other console in my opinion I think the build quality sucks. I was thinking about getting a Wii, but there are only a few games I am interested in.

I did just buy a 52" Samsung LCD yesterday so there might be a PS3 in my near future! HA-HA!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
I have an xbox 360, manufactured a year after release, its been hauling *** for over a year now. I've only had once or twice where it wouldn't read disc. It's been a freaking champ. Plus, get Connect360 and your mac will send all the itunes music over the network like a windows MP computer.

works like a charm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
I'm going to sound like a video game nut, but I have all three systems but prefer my PS3 to my 360. My poor Wii sits mostly unused unless I feel nostalgic and want to play something like Punch-Out or Zelda.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
I like Macs the best, and the 360 the best. I have an original console from the launch era, never had a problem. The PS3 is OK, but I prefer Microsoft's game lineup, controller, and Xbox Live to what the PS3 has to offer.

My Wii also has been collecting dust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I have a 360, PS3 and a Wii. I use the 360 most out of the 3 and the Wii the least. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to sound like a video game nut, but I have all three systems but prefer my PS3 to my 360. My poor Wii sits mostly unused unless I feel nostalgic and want to play something like Punch-Out or Zelda.

You're not the only one. ;P Although I prefer the XBOX Live/360 Interface to Sony's.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You're not the only one. ;P Although I prefer the XBOX Live/360 Interface to Sony's.

you'd better like it, aren't you paying monthly for it? ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you'd better like it, aren't you paying monthly for it? ;P

it comes out to just a tad over $4 a month (worth it to me) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I have a 360 and PS3. The downside to the PS3 right now is that the PSN doesn't have the member base that XBOX Live has. I was trying to play Battlefield: Bad Company on entered into a game where I was there for 5 mintues waiting for more players to start. I ended up quitting out and having to find another game. I do like the backwards compatibility and the BR drive. I've started a BR movie collection and I'm going to probably try and find the last 5 Final Fantasy games to keep myself occupied.

I have an original run 360 that hasn't had any real problems. I figure I got lucky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I bought an XBOX (the original one) a few years ago, for the sole purpose of playing some of the Medal of Honor games that hadn't made it to the PC. This was a HUGE mistake. FPS games are just terrible with those analog joysticks, I found myself getting fragged constantly. Until they come out with one that you can hook a mouse up to, I'm just not interested.

Your first mistake was buying a console to play an FPS :p After years of gaming on a PC, mainly FPS's, I can't bring myself to play them on a console. Give me a mouse and keyboard any day of the week!

Although playing Halo online is fun from time to time, I'd still prefer a mouse and keyboard.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention my roomate had a 360 that met the red ring of death fate. Sold it on ebay as-is for $150. Ended up getting a PS3 but is selling that now too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Man, I can't get over how convoluted the Xbox interface is. It's like a 5 step process just to disconnect my controller from a console. While Sony is lacking in the online community, its interface is much nicer to deal with. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man, I can't get over how convoluted the Xbox interface is. It's like a 5 step process just to disconnect my controller from a console. While Sony is lacking in the online community, its interface is much nicer to deal with. :p

It's a matter of opinion. As far as I am concerned XBL is still way ahead of the PSN. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.