• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any of you Mac owners also 360 owners???

OP
Andy348
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Man, I can't get over how convoluted the Xbox interface is. It's like a 5 step process just to disconnect my controller from a console. While Sony is lacking in the online community, its interface is much nicer to deal with. :p

I agree, but for gaming on a budget, its awesome.

I'd love to get a PS3 with GT5P and a G25 racing wheel along with one of those arcade seats, but that'd run me up over $1200.

Frankly, for about $400 with tax I can get a 360 with Live, a steering wheel (wireless) and Forza 2. Sounds great to me, even if it'll break in two years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
yep im a happy 360 owner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
It's a matter of opinion. As far as I am concerned XBL is still way ahead of the PSN. :)
I was referring to the interface of the console itself. I suppose the online interface is probably much better on the 360.

OP
Andy348
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Your first mistake was buying a console to play an FPS :p After years of gaming on a PC, mainly FPS's, I can't bring myself to play them on a console. Give me a mouse and keyboard any day of the week!

Although playing Halo online is fun from time to time, I'd still prefer a mouse and keyboard.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention my roomate had a 360 that met the red ring of death fate. Sold it on ebay as-is for $150. Ended up getting a PS3 but is selling that now too.

How long ago did that happen?

For a second I was totally turned off when I realized that the RROD was present in 1/3 Xbox 360s and I was wondering if I needed a 2 year warranty ($169) but Microsoft has a 3 year warranty when dealing with the RROD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I am a proud 360 owner. Had the thing for almost two years now and it never had any problems. I love using connect 360 to stream my music and movies to the console. As a side note, I believe I'm a member of the 1% of gamers who PREFER using a controller for FPS games to using a mouse and keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Back when I was living with my family we had a 360 and a Wii. I really liked the 360 as it had some great games. I'm seriously considering buying a 360 for myself as I miss some of the games (plus, I really want to be able to play The Force Unleashed and it's not coming out for PC :()

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
nothingatallun2.jpg

That's all I've got to say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
I actually just switched from a 360 to ps3. I love not having to pay to play online games or having to buy a wireless adapter, or an additional drive to play high def movies, and the ability to play games at 1080p. The bang for the buck you get with the ps3 can't be rivaled by any of the other console makers.

Reaction score
I've got the 120 GB HDD Elite, but coincidentally I'm going to have to sell it soon to get my mac :D I won't miss it, though, I never really play it as it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
How long ago did that happen?

For a second I was totally turned off when I realized that the RROD was present in 1/3 Xbox 360s and I was wondering if I needed a 2 year warranty ($169) but Microsoft has a 3 year warranty when dealing with the RROD.

This was probably about a year 1/2 ago. I thought the xbox only came with a 1 yr warranty? I just know he was covered under warranty so he sold the thing. I hear the xbox fixed some of it's problems but still have a high failure rate. My roommate was tempted to buy another one but was turned off by the high failure rates to this day. Think he said something like 13-15%

Whereas the PS3 is like 2-3%

EDIT: found this article from back in Feb 08: http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/14/xbox-360-failure-rate-at-16/

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"feels like i'm playing nothing at all"

That's all I've got to say.

that's funny. you'd think i'd get pretty bored... but nope.

pretty surprised at all that empty rack space that's not at all empty at bestbuy.

;P

you 360 guys are just all pent up after hearing the same arguement in reverse for so long between the ps2 and xbox. ;)

funny thing is, the ps2 is still unbelievably strong in hardware and software sales. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you 360 guys are just all pent up after hearing the same arguement in reverse for so long between the ps2 and xbox. ;)

funny thing is, the ps2 is still unbelievably strong in hardware and software sales. :D

PS2 > Xbox

The Xbox had a lot of potential, just like the PS3.

Problem is, you can't play potential. ;P

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
again, i'm playing just fine. ;)
got about 10 disc based games and 10 or so PSN games. really i don't have enough time to play everything i want to.

maybe a year or so ago it was mostly potential, but this machine has got long legs, and it's already up to speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
again, i'm playing just fine. ;)
got about 10 disc based games and 10 or so PSN games. really i don't have enough time to play everything i want to.

maybe a year or so ago it was mostly potential, but this machine has got long legs, and it's already up to speed.

I'm just ribbin' ya.

It doesn't really matter what system you prefer or anyone does.

If it has the games you want, then it's perfectly alright.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i know. :D

gt5 ftw!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
2 PS3
1 Xbox
1 Xbox 360

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I have a 360. Just wish I had the time and the money to get some more games for it.
I really want to get a PS3 though for GT5 and MGS4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i know. :D

gt5 ftw!

I never could get into the Gran Turismo series. Started off too slow and you could never get a half decent car to get you started.

I liked Forza 2 better simply because I could start with a Corvette Stingray.

Rnn Rnn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
i never liked the 360 becuase of all its flaws with the ring of death and then the death of the additional hd dvd drive that turned out useless for the 360, so i but a PS3 gotta love the full hd blu-ray free gaming network instead of paying that xbox live.

but anyways i am a big gamer its like a museum i my house got:
atari 2600
Nes
Snes
Genesis
Saturn
PS1, PS2, PS3
Dreamcast
Xbox
First gen Gameboy
Atari Lynx
PSP

All work great still :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.