Default Program for PDFs

Reaction score
I hate Preview! but that is what automatically opens all of my PDFs once I have them saved on my hard drive. How do I make Adobe my default program for opening PDFs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Right-click or cmd-click on a PDF file to bring up the Get Info window. You can set the default program from there.

Personally I was glad to see the back of Acrobat Reader when I switched to Mac but to each thier own

Reaction score
Right-click or cmd-click on a PDF file to bring up the Get Info window. You can set the default program from there.

Personally I was glad to see the back of Acrobat Reader when I switched to Mac but to each thier own

I right-clicked on a pdf document and chose adobe acrobat as my default for pdf fiiles. It works great until I reboot... it then reverts back to Preview. Any suggestions, oh wise ones? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.