24" Imac Monitor is one huge Easter Pastel Party

hav

Reaction score
Greetings,
I need some help figuring out why the only colors that are showing up on my 24" IMac are those in the spirit of the Easter Holiday. It is killing my eye's!!!!

We woke it from it's slumber yesterday and the screen only is showing grey/white/tints. It is still working properly. All the software programs are functioning. I have made sure all the updates are current. We restarted a few times and shutdown and removed the power with no luck. We have also recalibrated the display a few times only to make my eyes hurt even more.

After a call to the apple support line in which we only got the response of "I am not sure what to recommend" I am a bit frustrated. We are military and currently located overseas so there is no genius bar, except maybe the pachinko parlor and those folks are not so very, very smart.

I don't think that this common problem, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Try looking around on some Mac sites for a color profile for a 24"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
hav:

It's difficult to trouble shoot that symptom because it can be caused by more than one defect. For example, it could be a bad graphics chip set on the iMac MB, or it may be something as simple as a bad internal cable. In any event, it probably should be looked at by an Apple tech.

You say you're stationed overseas. You mentioned Pachinko Parlor - are you in Japan or Okinawa? There should be an authorized Apple repair center in both locations. Most Japanese people I've met speak English.

Also, if you purchased your iMac at the BX, NX, or PX, they'll send it out for you to be repaired by Apple.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.