Photoshop elements for OS 10.5.4

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question. We recently got daughter MacBook for college and would like a cheap photoshop type program for her. We were just at Costco and they have Elements 6.0 for $79 but doesn't look like it is for Mac..seems odd. What should we be getting her and what should we expect to pay. Thanks so much for the advice.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is a Photoshop Elements for Mac, but you do need to make sure you get the Mac version specifically. Costco might not sell it as I've never seen Mac software there. I believe you should expect to pay about $75 for it. Here is an example of what you're looking for.

I would also strongly recommend you consider Pixelmator as an alternative. As a user of the latest Photoshop Elements on Windows, I can tell you that Pixelmator is both less expensive and more functional.

OP
A
Reaction score
Elements 6 for Mac

I'm just getting back to this - still on my "to do" list.
Amazon has Elements 6 for Mac for $71.99 which doesn't seem too bad.
I just want to make sure when it gives system requirements
as "Mac OS X v10.4.8 through 10.5"
that my daughter having 10.5.4 is okay.
Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just want to repeat my advice above - don't underestimate Pixelmator. It's less expensive, but just as capable and easy to use as Photoshop Elements.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes on Pixelmator

My daughter asked me to report back to you that she did get Pixelmator for $59 and so far she really likes it! Thanks so much for the great tip.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great! Pixelmator really is THAT good - and they just continuously add new features.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.