Can't get printer to match color on monitor

Reaction score
Here one for you guys. I have a Epson R800 printer which I use for prints only. I also have HP 7310 All In One which I use for everyday printing. The problem no matter what I have tried I can't get the Epson to print and match the color that is on my display screen but when I print the same picture off the HP which only use four colors it matches what is on the screen. I calibrate the screen but I don't think that is the problem because the HP matches perfectly. And also when I print for the Epson it leaves a slight green tint. The printer software I am using is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. And color management is turned off so Photoshop is doing the color management.
I print mostly 6x4 5x7 and 8x10.

I thinking of going with Canon or HP if I can't get this to work.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
kmaultsby,

Some printers require that you add a color profile to the image to match the monitor and the image's actual color. Some seem to do well without a color profile to do the color matching. There are some color matching programs to develop profiles, but most that I've heard about are expensive...

I found that my Epson 720 (now retired) couldn't print without a color profile to get the colors "right." However, my Canons (iP3000 and iP4300) seem to always print the colors without any color correction. And, to me, developing a color profile was time consuming and sometimes quite difficult, so I looked for other ways... turns out, buying a Canon printer solved my problem.

I don't know about Elements, but I think Adobe Photoshop has the capability for you to develop a profile that would work with your images when you print with your Epson. You may need to use color correction for the Epson to get what you want... Otherwise, I'd suggest you use the HP exclusively or buy (or at least try) a Canon...

Good luck, Noel

Reaction score
Is it possible you haven't installed the ICC profile for the Epson printer?

That would throw things off if you haven't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.8 8GB & MacBook Pro Dual 2.4
Here one for you guys. I have a Epson R800 printer which I use for prints only. I also have HP 7310 All In One which I use for everyday printing. The problem no matter what I have tried I can't get the Epson to print and match the color that is on my display screen but when I print the same picture off the HP which only use four colors it matches what is on the screen. I calibrate the screen but I don't think that is the problem because the HP matches perfectly. And also when I print for the Epson it leaves a slight green tint. The printer software I am using is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. And color management is turned off so Photoshop is doing the color management.
I print mostly 6x4 5x7 and 8x10.

I thinking of going with Canon or HP if I can't get this to work.:Grimmace:

The HP uses closed-loop calibration, which is why you're getting better results (providing you use HP paper and Vivera inks). The Epson doesn't use this calibration system.

Copy your Epson printer profile into the relevant Photoshop file that contains all the other ICC profiles. Before you print, convert the image to the Epson's bespoke ICC profile and ensure you convert using 'perceptual'. Turn-off all Photoshop colour management and print. You should get close. So many different factors involved that can affect your results.

Are you using the same ink and paper that were used to create the profile for the Epson?

Not sure what menus are available in Elements as I use CS, but the method should be the same.

Regards
Christian
www.christianhough.com

OP
K
Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by ICC profiles this is not mention in the either photo shop or Epson where is this located?

OP
K
Reaction score
Oh by the way Christian what you typed up is completely different from what Adobe told me when I call them. So now I am really confused because they pointed out is if I want to adjust colors I should use RGB color profile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.