Warped MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Ghz Core 2duo 4gb RAM
Hi all

I recently:( bought a 15" Core2Duo MBP and I LOVE it. It is my second Apple computer (1st was a white macbook, which I loved but it didn't have the power I needed) Anyway

I recently took a trip over to England. Since I take classes online (AiO Baby!) I brought my laptop along. I don't really know when this happened, but after being there for a couple of days I noticed my laptop was starting to warp, like the physical hardware started to buckle.

Everything works on a software standpoint, and so far every thing externally works. Like all my ports, drives, and what not. But when I close the lid to the left there is about a half an inch (or less) gap. It is no longer flush with the rest of the system.

It's more of an annoyance than a problem. Its mainly my obsessive compulsive nature when it comes to electronics that is causing me to flip out.

Is there something I need to do? Take it to the store? Send it to Apple? Take it apart myself?

I honestly don't know what could have caused a problem like this. For awhile I was blaming the altitude (on the plane then in England) but I honestly don't think Apple would make such a POS hardware that whenever your took it on a plane it would mess up.

So sum up. It's cosmetic, but still IRRITATES ME!!!

Sorry...

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Well I wouldn't tolerate that! Grounds for changing / repairing it IMMEDIATELY.

Like looking at the Mona Lisa in black and white!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
did you leave it in a hot car? seems that may cause it. bummer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
search for similar posts about this topic, it must have been discussed at least a dozen times before. The MBP case does warp, to varying degree's, sure your not exaggerating? half an inch of a warp is stupidly BIG, more chances we are talking mm of separation there. Post a picture?

My MBP, like many many others, has this, and I too was fussy as a fuss pot about it and got irritated, but to be honest, it doesn't annoy me any more. Chances are if you do a get a new one swapped out for free by apple, it will do the same thing.

Search the forums about it, read the results, and then decide what is best to do, many including myself have posted images so you can jusdge just how bad yours really is.

hope this helps

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
My lid is also warped.

I spoke to an Apple engineer and he said it can be bent back if you are careful, but it will warp again.

I've learnt to live with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD
Dude.. same thing happened to me and i am worried about it too!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.