My Applications wont open please help!!!

Reaction score
Hey,

Ive applications on my Mac that wont open ever since i installed to newer/updated versions of them. First it was firefox and now its itunes.

Everytime i try to open it

The application iTunes quit unexpectedly

Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.

Please help, its driving me crazy and i dont want to have to uninstall iTunes,

Thanks

Shane

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Run a permissions repair in disk utility and then consider deleting iTunes and Firefox preferences, see if that works first

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Archive & Install OS X. It looks as though there's something wrong with your system.

Reaction score
Try to reset everything before archive and install

1.-Try first to reset the apps that don't open (safari, firefox, etc) and the ones you can't reset, try to delete the .plist file /yourusername/library/preferences.
2.-After that fix permissions with disk utility Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3.-If still in trouble re-boot from you install disc that came with the computer (mac OS X 10.4) or you Mac OS X 10.5 (in case you've leopard) and repair your hd (on the menu bar chose utilities and you'll find disk utility again).
4.-If non of that worked try to start up on single user mode ( + S) and then type: /sbin/fsck -f after the computer is finished of fixing things type: exit
5.-Still stucked re-intall the faulty apps (for system apps like safari use your original disc 1 that came with your computer).
6.-Archive and install or erase and install.
7.-If still you are in trouble contact a apple store near you.

I hope that will help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.