is iPhone 3G good/bad?

Reaction score
HERE IS A POLL ABOUT THE iPHONE =)

dont want to read all the comments about what they think about there iPhone, so I thought "lets make a poll", and since that is not that hard I will make one =)

I am on my way to buy one, and I am thinking if I should wait a little bit more for a huger upgrade or buy one now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
...Lazy.

I dont have one (at least not till the 20th) but i'd recommend reading up on it.
Probably better reading somewhere else. At the end of the day, were all fanboys here. Regardless of whether its a good product / worth the money, the information here is more than likely going to be biased.

Go to a Blackberry forum and ask :p

Reaction score
I almost bought one. But the deal breaker for me was AT&T. I've heard mostly only bad things about them.

I'd still had taken the chance, if only AT&T had any kind of attractive long distance calling plans, but they don't (best they can do is .19 cents a minute for calls to Canada, so that sucks)

Oh, and about the 3G network, we have a few iPhones at work, according to our hardware managers the iPhones are barely ever connected at 3G speeds (we're right in Manhattan, you'd think the network was good). So that's a bummer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb
on 02 in the uk and so far so good! had it for a week and a day and love it. the 2.1 update sorted a few of the little tinkles that was bugging me! its great having one product for everything - shame you cant use it as a bank card so i wouldn't have to carry my wallet! I have owned a 1st gen one but had a play with my mates and glad i waited for the 3g, think the design is fantastic!! also its a pleasure to have a 3g signal most the time with 02, was with orange and the signal all over is terrible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G
I love mine, but I turned off the 3g to extend its battery life. I only turn it on if I'm downloading data or something, otherwise the normal browser speed is plenty fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
I live in the UK (Ipswich) and have a generally good 3G signal. The only problem is my daily train commute into London where, for half the journey I have no cellular signal at all, let alone 3g. I bought the original iPhone on the UK launch and it felt a bit special queuing up outside the Apple store. With the 3g version, O2 couriered it to my front door (also on launch day). Although I really like the 3g, it does not feel quite the same as the original. Come to think of it, it's a bit like the feeling you get when you get your first Mac/ iPod!

That said, the 3g is a brilliant phone and I couldn't imagine ever changing it - apart from some future iPhone incarnation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The O2 UK deal seems much more favourable than the US AT&T offering.

Apart from having a 'Friday afternoon' phone to start with (standby button mis-aligned, chrome work rough at edges and the external speaker giving up) I'm happy. My replacement phone is fine, 2.1 has ironed out the glaring glitches. Happy plow.

I do wish Apple would allow better Bluetooth use and allow apps to access the full res pictures from the camera roll but there you go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I'm in the Bay Area, I get 3G about 70% of the time. If you use Exchange Push like I do, it wears the battery faster. I changed mine to Fetch at 30 minute intervals, we'll see how long it lasts. Otherwise the battery lasted 12 hours with moderate usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Pretty darn happy with it....

OP
HeroBiX
Reaction score
...Lazy.

I dont have one (at least not till the 20th) but i'd recommend reading up on it.
Probably better reading somewhere else. At the end of the day, were all fanboys here. Regardless of whether its a good product / worth the money, the information here is more than likely going to be biased.

Go to a Blackberry forum and ask :p

Haha! maybe I do that =)
But I just orderd mine, so I will soon find out how it's
Dad got one to, he really likes it :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I love everything about it. Plus, even if you buy it now, you can still purchase software upgrades whenever they come out. I believe it's 2.1 that just came out. I would 100% recommend it. As for the service plan, whichever appeals to you. I think Apple should also have their own service plan.

Reaction score
My wife and I went ahead and got iPhones this past weekend (bye Sprint and WM 6.1) and absolutely love them. At first I was really hesitant because of all the negative reviews I've been reading, so I wanted to wait out the 2.1 update and see if it fixed the problems. It's not perfect, but overall I think it is well worth the price of admission and has exceeded my expectations thus far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.