Getting rid of MSN icon on my desktop

C

Creosote

Hi everyone - i just installed MSN for the mac on my powerbook G4 and after installing the .dmg file an icon appeared on my desktop with MSN Messenger 4 under it.

How do i get rid of this? Its not the two little messenger people icon, just a little white drive kinda thing. I can get rid of it but when i run MSN it comes up again, and whenever i try to move it, it just creates a copy of it where i placed it. And when i try and delete it when i'm using MSN it says it can't because its in use.

I know its a little problem but i just don't want it on my desktop.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You technically did not install MSN Messenger

Open up the white disc icon and drag MSN Messneger into your Applications folder...When that is done copying over you can drag the white disc icon into the trash and it will unmount the icon

OP
C

Creosote

Far out that was a quick reply!!! Thanks heaps man - i love usin macs! we got a good windows pc in the other room but i prefer using my dad's laptop. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No problem...That is a very common issue that switchers come into early on (and for most people [including myself] it always seems to come up with MSN Messenger)

OP
G

gesteves

trpnmonkey41 said:
No problem...That is a very common issue that switchers come into early on (and for most people [including myself] it always seems to come up with MSN Messenger)

Hahahaha it happened to me too!

OP
D

dglenn

icon, little white drive kinda thingy

I know you already got your answer, but I thought I'd give you a little more info. That icon is what's know as a 'disc image' (.dmg), it works like an external (hard drive) device. It's basically a mounted folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.