all-in-ones(prtinters)

Reaction score
compatible all-in-ones(printer) ?

Have definitely decided on an iMAC desktop--however, having hard time deciding on an all-in-one printer or to go with a separate printer and scanner. The APPLE store that I have gone to carries an EPSOM all-in-one, approx. $240 (Canadian), I'm going to be doing MANY old photos for family albums, plus eventually be doing brochures, cards, etc for a home-based business. Would appreciate helpful comments ASAP, as this purchase will be very soon. Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Have definitely decided on an iMAC desktop--however, having hard time deciding on an all-in-one printer ... I'm going to be doing MANY old photos for family albums ... Would appreciate helpful comments.

May I recommend Canon. Affordable, they work really well with Mac, and are economical with ink (if that is a consideration). A client and friend has been doing a lot of what you plan to do with old photos, and he has had excellent performance and results from his Canon Pixma 470. There are higher-spec machines in the Pixma range, but there is the cost factor to be considered:
http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products.asp?lng=en&gid=2&sgid=20

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info--still on the fence about whether to go to an all-in-one or separate printer and scanner--would appreciate other opinions--thanks again g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | 30GB iPod Video | 16GB iPod Touch
I used to swear by HP all-in-ones, but their most recent line has obviously been cheapened up in regards to cartridge size and ease of use. I returned two brand new, $100+, HP all-in-ones because of these issues and purchased a $75 Canon all-in-one (MP470) which has been, hands down, the best printer I've ever owned or used. The print quality is excellent and it is SOOOO easy to use! :)

I'd avoid Epson as well as Lexmark and HP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I vote for separate devices.... because you can upgrade either device later if you want too.... and if the scanner breaks, you can get it repaired and still have a printer for example....

guess I'm weird like that :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
My Canon all-in-one is great (MX310), only cost me $29 after rebate when I bought my new MBP.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks all--think I've decided on separate scanner and printer--if something goes wrong with one, I can get just it fixed or update. Seems like I keep coming back to likely a Canon, and need it to do more than 4x6 pic, also 5x7 and 8 1/2 x 10--would like opinions on best to buy ASAP--thanks

OP
G
Reaction score
CANNOT believe that I actually spelled Epson as Epsom!!!!!! As I'm having even more trouble with my PC, have totally decided to go with the 20'' iMac and then will decide on a separate scanner and printer, after browsing Consumers Report and this forum. I know that I will go with Canon brand on both, just not sure of which model---want to be able to do 4x6, 5x7 and 8 1/2x11 pic. Any suggestions, much appreciated--thanks g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Printer - either the iP2600 or iP3500. Just check the specs carefully, because the brief summary doesn't quite match the full Specs detail in terms of picture size.

Scanner - if you want to do slides as well as documents and photos, then you need the 4400 or 8800, but they're pricey.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi all--made the BIG move and have bought the iMac desktop--wow---there's lots to learn and I'll be taking advantage of the 2 free classes. I'm totally confused as to when or if I'm to be installing the 2 OS X discs? I will be looking for a separate Canon scanner and printer---no slides involved. THanks for any help--g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to be clear, you've bought a new G5 Intel iMac - right? Niiiiiice!

If so, the two disks that came with it are system restore, used for fixing if something goes wrong. Disk 1 is used for that - it can fix both system and hardware issues. They are your iMac model-specific disks, not full retail Leopard 10.5 install ones. Put them in a safe place, hopefully you won't need to use them.

The iMac should have arrived with OS 10.5.x installed, not sure if you'll need to do updates just yet. In any event, your iMac should be ready and raring to go. Let us know, either by public post or private message via this forum how you're getting on with your new purchases. Congratulations - enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.