Menubar Crashing on Startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
When I start up my computer, it loads everything fine, except for the menubar, the only thing thats appearing up there is spotlight, and when I look at activity monitor in the dock its showing almost full usage on both cores and it shows "SystemUIServer" as not responding and right now it says its using 1.68GB of Ram and its making my computer run really slowly and the fans are always coming on loud because its having to cool off after this thing using so much of a % out of my cpu. I've done a safe boot and a repair permissions but its still having problems.

I need help to get this sorted.

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem and have been trying to figure out how to fix it. no luck so far.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just figured why mine was doing it, I opened up console and it was the menu cracker in istat menus but it wouldn't let me get into the system preferences for istat menu so I went into ~Library/Application Support and deleted the iStat menus and then all the menus loaded up, then i could get into the preference pane for istat menus and then uninstalled it and its been going good since then.

Do you have istat menus installed?

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open up console and see if there is a continuous message repeating itself, with me it was just repeating, trying to open menucracker istat and crashing and trying to to that over and over

Reaction score
Nothing was overly repeating but I did find this repeated twice: 9/14/08 12:21:20 AM System Preferences[545] Error (-10003) locating menu extra

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What addons do you have that sit in the menu bar? Other than that I don't have any other ideas but it's frustrating isn't it?

Reaction score
i went into coreservices in ~/library and repoened systemUIserver and everything came back. I ahve yet to restart but hopefully this will hold. We will see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.