Problem installing update to 10.5

Reaction score
I have an early MacBook Pro, 2GB ram and have recently upgraded my hard-drive to 320GB.

I installed 10.5 but after downloading OS update it will not install and stays at about 10% of the blue indicator.

Any advice appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try this Matt.

Click on Software Update, and when window opens with the update details, go to the menu bar and select 'Download Only;. The update will be in the Downloads folder.

Disconnect any peripherals other than the keyboard/mouse, antivirus etc if any and run Repair Permissions in Disk Utility. Open the Downloads folder from Home, drag the update to the desktop and double click to install.

When finished run Repair Permissions again. Be patiewnt Repair Permissions takes about twenty minutes and looks like it is not going to work as the speed bar NEVER seems to move but ject let it be.

Let's know how you go. If no joy download direct from the Apple website.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips Harry,

first method didn't work so I went to Apple website as you suggested and loaded 10.5.1, then .2, then .3 and finally .4

All working fine now, thanks again.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Very good Matt and keep in touch if you have any more problems. This forum is a great place to get info about Macs with no (or not much) criticism.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.