very new to the mac world

Reaction score
Hi there.

Firstly sorry if my question is in the wrong section.

I like to get a better understanding on conncting to my home router with a new work macbookpro. I'm very new to mac's, just got one for my new job *and absolutely love it!*

Im not sure if im able to get a connection as i dont have admin rights and some of the buttons to add new networks are greyed out. I heard from a friend that you can still connnect without admin rights, is there a way around not having admin rights.

thanks for reading through.

Jof

Reaction score
Do you not need a WEP key? It works no differently than any other laptop. If there is a lock at the side of the name of the network then you'll have to find out the password. Otherwise if its showing up it means its in range...

Jof

jah

Reaction score
clarify your post 4me, you have done this right?
upper left apple icon->System Preferences->network

and you see a padlock in the lower left, if you clicky on the padlock does it ask 4a password? is any of your work passwords work?

w/o the password you are prevented from discovering and or log onto other than work related networks.

at home have you tried the hardwire ethernets?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.