Toast: how do I make iso image from Crysis dvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I noticed that my Crysis dvd is getting scratched, and I want to make a backup of it before it goes too far. So what I need to know is how do I use toast to copy an iso image from the Crysis dvd? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
cant you just use disk utility?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
In Toast click on the Data tab and then click on ISO 9660 on the left side. Drag the disc into the center and then click the Save as Disc Image button at the bottom right.

You might want to keep in mind that there is a possibility of the game having some sort of DRM that would prevent you from being able to copy the game.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Thank you Kash, that worked. So now that I have the iso file, how do I burn it to a dvd so it will be just like the original?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Windows won't recognize data disks, automatically ejects

Hi Kash! So, I burnt a data disk with toast, and then went to my windows partion (xp sp2) and put in the disk, but when I did, it just spun around for about 20 seconds and then ejected. It didn't even come up with the folder or anything. Can someone please help me!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reading your previous thread the advice given by Kash is bang on. However this isn't just any vanilla data disc.

The Crysis install disc is protected with securom 7 which is designed to prevent people making copies as you are know finding. It introduces bad sectors when being read amongst other things. Give it a Google to find out more.

I'd suggest treating the disc with 'kid gloves' but if it gets to the point it will no longer read, look in the back of the manual and you'll find an address to send it to for exchange. They just charge a small handling fee.

OP
Y
Reaction score
What do you mean it introduces bad sectors? It creates bad sectors on my hard disk or something? Just by putting in a disc? I'm afraid I don't understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
no, they put bad sectors in on the master when pressing the disc, to make duplication difficult, some movie companies also use that system

OP
Y
Reaction score
Wait a minute, it can't be Securom because after I tried it on my computer and it wouldn't acknowledge it, I tried it on my other computer and it worked. So it must be something with boot camp, maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/securom

the original disc has deliberately corrupted areas. During installation these are skipped by the installer. When the disc is read byte for byte these translate into read errors. Consequently when rewritten you don't end up with a 1-2-1 copy

OP
Y
Reaction score
That's dumb! I paid for this game, I should be able to play it! Is there any way to get around this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
again, contact the manufacturer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's dumb! I paid for this game, I should be able to play it! Is there any way to get around this problem?

You can play it. You just can't copy it.

As advised before my me and again by Louishen if it gets so badly damaged that you need a replaced contact the manufacturer.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged duplicate threads.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

if i pay for, say, a toaster and i wreck it, the manufacturer won't give me a new one. i have to repair it or replace it at my cost.

why should media be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.