iTunes - Display only 'real' albums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
One of the things I've always hated about letting a piece of software keep track of my mp3s is this. I just added about 20GB of MP3s to my Library (I'm giving iTunes a second chance), though some were complete albums, others were collections of separate songs, often with messed up tags, but kept together by a folder anyway.

Now, iTunes likes to take it all very literally, and now I have more than 1000 albums, the majority only having 1 or maybe 2 songs in them. Also, I have a lot of artists: Santana, Santana ft Sting, Santana ft etc etc etc (actually, they should all be Santana. They are still in the same album, but won't be listed when I look under Santana as an artist)

Is there a way to make it so iTunes only displays albums with more than 8 or so songs in the Album view? This would probably eliminate about 90% of my 'albums', making it much much easier to navigate. I'm not even going to ask for it to do things the way I want them to be, that would be too much to ask.

Or does anyone have another solution that doesn't involve a lot of work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You could corral them in to Virtual ablums using the album artist tag

For example, those Santana tracks. If you select all your one off Santana tracks that are not part of a whole album, select get info and enter what you like in the album artists, I dunno Santana, best of

Now the album artists tag leaves the artist tag alone so a serach for Sting will still pull up that Santana ft Sting track

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.