What happened to bluetooth support in the iPod Touch???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 895LL/A - 15.4" Santa Rosa C2D - 2GB RAM - 120 (onboard), 500GB ext FW/eSATA/USB2 HDDs
OMG... I think they took BT compatibility out of the iPod Touch... grrrrrr... I was SO hoping to be able to use my stereo BT phones with the new Touch.. playing Elite 4 or NFS:U when it comes out in November would've been SWEEEET with stereo BT support.. *sigh*

But am I wrong in understanding that they took BT out in the second generation Touch?

Cheers!
Patrick

Reaction score
AFAIK the iPod Touch never had bluetooth support. It has a proprietary bluetooth used for the Nike+. the iPhone was the only one with bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
thepachman is correct, the first generation iPod touch never had a Bluetooth chip.

It's ironic that you're complaining about the chip being taken out of the second generation when it was actually put in for the first time with the second gen model ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.