Digital 8 camcorder

D

Danster

I have a digital 8 camcorder but it only has an av out port.
is it possible to get this on my mac using some sort of connector like av-firewire if that exisists

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
There maybe others, but here is one that may work (Dazzle).

Just occurred to me, that is a usb solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is no adapter for AV->Firewire. The av cables are sending out the actual video and audio. Firewire sends both in a digital data format to the computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
trpnmonkey41 said:
There is no adapter for AV->Firewire. The av cables are sending out the actual video and audio. Firewire sends both in a digital data format to the computer

There are converters, I have the Canopus ADVC-100 for my TiVO to iMovie connection. Got mine off Amazon.com for around $280 about 8 months ago. It works great, and the quality is excellent. TiVO connects via RCA to the Canopus, and then from the Canopus to Mac via 1394 FW. No drivers required, iMovie recognizes it right away.

OP
D

Danster

IanCT said:
There are converters, I have the Canopus ADVC-100 for my TiVO to iMovie connection. Got mine off Amazon.com for around $280 about 8 months ago. It works great, and the quality is excellent. TiVO connects via RCA to the Canopus, and then from the Canopus to Mac via 1394 FW. No drivers required, iMovie recognizes it right away.

I have seen this and might buy it cos i have no tv in my room you can connect your vcr too

TVR studio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
IanCT said:
Yep thats a bridge. I was saying there isn't just a cable adapter that you plug in the AV cables and it plugs into the firewire. You have to shell out some cash for the bridge which does the conversion

OP
D

Danster

but for the price of the bridge i can buy a mini dv camcorder for the same price if not cheaper

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.