MS Office 2008 update crashes

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
Hey.

I just installed a fresh copy of MS Office 2008 for Mac.
When I try to run my first update, I press install, he downloads the update and than when he opens it, it jumps on the dock for a while and than crashes.

I added screenshots.

What seems to be the problem?
I really need this for my work :[

Thank you very much.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
After installing Office 2008, did you run a disk cleaning application or language file removal application such as "Monolingual"?

MS Office updates will not install if you did the above. In order to correct that problem (if that's what it is): completely remove Office 2008 using the MS uninstaller, and then re-install. Run the update again.

In any event, it's best to completely uninstall Office 2008 (make sure you get rid of all the scattered files and preferences) and re-install.

Regards.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
After installing Office 2008, did you run a disk cleaning application or language file removal application such as "Monolingual"?

MS Office updates will not install if you did the above. In order to correct that problem (if that's what it is): completely remove Office 2008 using the MS uninstaller, and then re-install. Run the update again.

In any event, it's best to completely uninstall Office 2008 (make sure you get rid of all the scattered files and preferences) and re-install.

Regards.

No I haven't even heard of such application and did not do any cleaning.

I heard that the MS AutoUpdate doesn't work since version 10.5.2, is that right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.