!!!Purchasing Advice First-Gen G5!!!

Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing a friends first generation G5. here are the specs i know so far:

First generation iMac G5.
1.6 GHz processor
1 GB memory RAM
80 Hard drive
OS X 10.3 (Panther)

is this a good buy for only $300? are there things i should look for when i go look at it tomorrow? any known issues with first-gen g5's i should know about? i'm not well versed in apples, just windows based computers, but would like to own an apple and maybe make a complete switchover.

OP
C
Reaction score
any advice would be good, guys and girls. i'm seeing stuff all over the net about fan problems...could someone elaborate?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The price is right and the G5 is still a very good machine which should serve you well. As far as seeing "fan problems" regarding the G5 on the net, consider this: folks write into forums such as this one when they're having difficulties. The overwhelming majority of G5 owners (and owners of other models) have no problems whatsoever.

Examine the machine carefully, try it out, and use your eyes and ears to detect if there is anything wrong.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.