dual monitors power on/off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - 2x3Ghz Quad, 4GB, 2TB etc, etc.
I currently have an intel Mac Pro with the graphics card with dual DVI outputs. I am using both outputs for a dual monitor (both are Mac monitors) setup on my desktop.

My main monitor turns on/off automatically when starting up/shutting down, but my second won't, (it just goes to sleep), forcing me to exert myself and manually press the power button on the side! This is a lot of work! I'm lazy! Shouldn't the second monitor turn on/off automatically like the first? Is this a software question? Don't hurt me if it is!

Help! My finger is getting a callous!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
Leve the monitors power switch on all the time. When I shut down my mac pro at night I leave the monitors on. As soon as I start up the comp in the morning It boots the white screen only on one monitor, then the 2nd one will pop up soon after.

Reaction score
i have a mac with dual monitors, mine seem to work fine.
the second monitor should turn on at the same time as the first. maybe hardware problem. try connecting your graphics card on another mac and see if its the graphics card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.