Getting a MacBook tomorrow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.4GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, SuperDrive
I'm so excited. The last time I used an Apple was when we owned an Apple IIe! That was back in 1994. I've used PCs since then; Windows 3.11, 95, then XP. I wanted a laptop and refused to get something with Vista. I'm so nervous about using a mac, but I have only heard good things.

Any tips for a long-time PC user that you wish you'd known in the beginning? Or just things that make your life easier with your MB? Thanks!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think you will pick it up pretty quickly. Mostly mouse based rather than keyboard based, IE windows.

Reaction score
if you're really picky about the mouse get ready for uncomfortableness.
but it's 100% worth it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not sure if this really matters, but there's a good chance of the Macbooks being updated in mid-October. Just something to think about ;P

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I'm picking up tomorrow is far better than anything I've ever had, so it doesn't matter much to me if they're updated in a month. LOL

Reaction score
Congrats ALL!!! I just got a macbook myself and am so happy with it. It's like I'm in love for the first time again.
Hey if you want you all can pick me up another one too.... j/k
Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
i made the swith fom PC to Mac 3 years ago, before then I had been using pc for 3 years. You'll be amazed first time you use Mac. As mentioned above, the only difficulty could be the mouse, but besides that, OS X is better than XP and Vista in all aspects. Congratulations =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
If you only have half the enjoyment that I have had out of this superb machine, you'll still be blessed.

Enjoy, AND tell your friends - there IS a life after VISTA!!

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm typing this from my new MacBook. LOVE IT!! It has been easy so far, and I'm not feeling like a fish out of water. Yay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
I had a hard time understanding how "rules" worked with mailboxes. Finally I just took my notebook to my apple dealer and he showed me. And the first time I made something accidentally disappear from the dock I thought I had somehow sent it to the trash. I figured that out on my own. I had looked forward to Ichat but don't have enough bandwidth here in the boonies for it to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Best advice I can give you is to try forget all your Windows habits.

Congrats on the new purchase!! I will never buy another Windows laptop again.

Look out your Windows at the scenic Vista of Mac OS! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.