new apple headphones?

Reaction score
1) are they fully compatible with the iphone 3g? the website just mentions ipod, i cant imagine apple being dumb enough to exclude the iphon though.

2) does anyone have any clue on the actual release date? once again apples website just says 'soon' about a new product.. so obnoxious

thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Link? I haven't heard anything about new headphones. But if they work wit Ipod then they WILL work with iphone.

Dylan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
1) are they fully compatible with the iphone 3g?
Good question. I DO know the iphone 3g's buds are fully compatible with the new nano, including the triple-click. I wonder if Apple will scrap the iPhone buds and just use these updated ones for all the ipods (well, the 2 that clearly matter to Apple anyway).

Reaction score
The website lists as not (sure you'll be able to listen to music, but in regards to the clicker), although I would guess that the 2.1 update would include the appropriate driver for them. That would seem the logical thing for Apple to have done and would also explain why the iPhone isn't listed.
There wasn't anyone available when I checked, but you could always use the chat feature on the Apple store and ask them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
The ones that include a mic and a volume control are not compatible with the iPhone, I believe. I guess you could still use it, but those extra controls won't work?

It does work with the Nano and the iPod Touch 2nd gen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.