mac ntsf external hard drive help

Reaction score
I was trying to install mac fuse and ntsf 3-g in order to be able to write on a ntsf external hard drive. I followed the installation instructions but now when I plug in my external I recieve this error and it's now even able to read the external.

thanks!

Picture2.png

From what it appears it wants me to make some modification through the command option on ntsf 3g, but I'm not for certain. Also I'm not too sure how to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
This happen when the drive isn't 'cleanly' removed from the the PC/Mac.

If you have a Windows PC to hand you can use option 1.

If not bring up the Terminal (search using spotlight or look for it in your Applications folder) then type in the 'mount' command as per your screenshot.

OP
M
Reaction score
so I typed in the first option and it give me

Picture1-1.png

I tried then reseting my compter and plugging the external again and it still doesn't show up.

Any suggestions?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Now, MacFUSE can be kind of flaky to begin with - add in a drive with a damaged filesystem and it's a nightmare. I'd attach that drive to a Windows machine and run a chkdsk /F on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
the command you typed wasn't accepted. That's why the syntax list was displayed.

It's hard to tell from the screen shot exactly but it looks like you didn't leave a space before \Volumes

OP
M
Reaction score
hmmmm....is there away I can just delete macfuse/ntsf-3g to where I can at least read ntsf again?

If so I'll probably just spend the 39.99 on the software that'll read it for me.

Thanks for your help guys.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I gotta tell you - having fooled around with MacFUSE myself in the past, Paragon NTFS for Mac is well worth the money. It's pretty much set it and forget it.

OP
M
Reaction score
yeah I probably will....until then is there a relatively quick fix i can do to be able to read ntsf. I tried to find ntsf-3g to uninstall but I couldn't find it as a proper application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.