Finally Took The Plunge

Reaction score
Well after 2 months of research on the IMac took the plunge today went to the Apple store Plano Texas but was not to impressed with our Personal Shopping help was more like a used car salesman.After telling us my wife iwork Pages '08 would have no problems working with her Microsoft Office I knew it was time to just go home an order on-line.Which is what we just did is there any books people would suggest reading up on its been awhile since the first Macintosh.:)

3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
2GB 800MHZ DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GS W/512MB
500GB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
APPLE WIRELESSS MIGHTY MOUSE
WL KYBD & USER'S GUIDE
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24
IPOD TOUCH 16G W/JAN SOFT UPG/PRSNL-USA
APP FOR IMAC - COL/AE--USA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to Mac-Forums.

Not a book, but ... www.myfirstmac.com/ (just ignore the 'first' bit)
And don't forget to use what must be the most under-utilised information resource in the Mac world ... Mac Help in the Finder menu bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
If I could only buy one book it would be Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual . Very good read and good reference after that. Otherwise, just looking around here will teach you a ton of stuff. I also subscribe to a few cool Mac mags.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.