No music but space used! (iPhone)

Reaction score
Tonight I plugged my iPhone in to my computer to sync. I instantly realised there was a problm as none of my playlists were appearing in the devices drop down. I then went into the music, videos and podcasts folder and nothing there. I checked on the iPhone and in the iPod there is no data.

This is completely bizzare. How could all my music just dissapear like that??

On top of this, I can't re-sync the music because the capacity is already used. No it's not!!

I am using the latest software/firmware version and have had no other problems on this scale.

Hopefuly someone can help with how I can reset it without losing all my contacts, messages etc. Is this a problem you have heard of before??

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I assume you've rebooted the phone? Do you sync your entire library to the phone, or just a playlist?

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes I have tried rebooting a couple of times.

I sync all my music, a selection of podcasts, a couple of video playlists. Just realised I also had a rented movie on it that is now gone.

Does this help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.