New feature on the nano

Reaction score
So I guess the new nano will allow you to just shake it, if you want to shuffle songs. Sounds kinda neat. Does anyone have any idea how that might work if I was jogging or riding a bike(and maybe hit a bump). Would that automatically shuffle songs? Perhaps that shuffle feature can be turned off? Maybe you have to shake it really violently for the shuffle to occur.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
i never really thought about that. I do have this app on my iphone where you have to shake it for it to activate. You have to shake it rigorously for it to activate though so maybe the ipod nano shake feature will be the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The hold switch disables the accelerometer as well as the click-wheel. In addition, there is a setting to turn 'shake to shuffle' off. So, I think you're covered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
does the iphone shake to shuffle?

Reaction score
I have a nano, and to shuffle the song you have to shake it quite hard. The thing that bugs me is the cover flow feature when you tip the nano to the side, especially when you are listening to music lying down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white 160GB. iPod nano... old school one.
Yeah, don't worry about it. I took mine running today and had no problem with sake to shuffle. The iPhone does not have the shake to shuffle feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.