Just switched, what do I use instead of Microsoft Frontpage???

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just switched over to an iMac from having used PC's my entire life and I'm SO glad I did it, I"m in love with it, it's more than I ever expected.

Anyway, I currently am the webmaster for a website that I used Microsoft Frontpage to create. I want to be able to update my page from the Mac and I know that I obviously cannot use Frontpage on the Mac, so my question is, what do I do now?? What is a good program to use? Would iWeb support my htm files that I saved in Frontpage?

I'm at a total loss, any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Kerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Anything, Frontpage is a horrible program!!!

Seriously tho, I would say Dreamweaver, but there are plenty of overs especially if you want just visual editing

THere is also Coda, Rapidweaver, Freeway to name just a few

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1ghz C2D, 4Gb RAM, 320GB HDD
I think dreamweaver is available for the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1ghz C2D, 4Gb RAM, 320GB HDD
Beat me too it! :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Anything, Frontpage is a horrible program!!!

I agree!!! I hate it and it drives me nuts! I will check out Dreamweaver. I've used that on a pc before, but a LONG time ago. Isn't it wicked expensive? How is iWeb? I really know nothing about it, I am still exploring my iMac and haven't gotten that far yet. LOL.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
dreamweaver is great but it's not cheap. several hundred bucks I think? $300-400?

also try rapidweaver... iweb...

OP
K
Reaction score
dreamweaver is great but it's not cheap. several hundred bucks I think? $300-400?

also try rapidweaver... iweb...

Holy crap, that's what I thought...big bucks. I'll check out rapidweaver. I still don't know anything about iweb, I'll have to check it out and take it from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Mac Book convert from PC
Web Design Program for Mac

Hi everyone,
I just switched over to an iMac from having used PC's my entire life and I'm SO glad I did it, I"m in love with it, it's more than I ever expected.

Anyway, I currently am the webmaster for a website that I used Microsoft Frontpage to create. I want to be able to update my page from the Mac and I know that I obviously cannot use Frontpage on the Mac, so my question is, what do I do now?? What is a good program to use? Would iWeb support my htm files that I saved in Frontpage?

I'm at a total loss, any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I too switched to Mac and design web pages. First thing you may want to think about is using a program called: Parallels. With this program on your Mac you can load Windows operating systems and thus: Frontpage.

I have on my MacBook: Windows XP Home and Windows Vista Ultimate as I teach Seniors about computers etc. Once you load your Windows OS you can then load Microsoft Office.

Why put out money for new programs when you probably have ones such as Front Page already. Although, having said all that...

You can get an amazing web design program for the Mac called:
NeoOffice. It is an OpenSource web design program and it is FREE.

Have fun...

greg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.