Leopard messed up TrackPad sensitivity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I just installed Leopard yesterday. For some reason, while using the TrackPad, it just stops. Sometimes the page is loading, sometimes not. The only way to get the pointer moving again is to click with the button or wait at least 10 seconds until the pointer decides to move again. What gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Hmmm...Let's start with this:
#1. How old is this MacBook?
#2. Is it still under warranty?
#3. Do you have an external mouse to use?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm...Let's start with this:
#1. How old is this MacBook?
#2. Is it still under warranty?
#3. Do you have an external mouse to use?

1. 3 years
2. No, bought off eBay
3. Yes

Thing is, it worked fine in Tiger just yesterday pre-Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Well we could try a couple of things here....The first thing I would do is plug in the external mouse and see if you have the same problem with the mouse as you did with the trackpad. If you are like me and have the luxury of having tiger and leopard OS disks, I would recommend re-installing tiger and seeing if you have the same problem with the trackpad as you did with leopard. If you do, you need to replace the trackpad. If you don't have the problem, then you know it is a hardware recognition problem with Leopard and yhour Macbook although I would bet money that the chances of that are about as good as the New York Yankees winning the world series this year. (Next to impossible.) That is how I figured out my old 900MHz G4 iBook needed a new trackpad. It originally had Jaguar on it and I installed Tiger and the trackpad hardly, if ever worked. I reinstalled Jaguar and I still had the same problem so I replaced the trackpad.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Edit: May have been set on too slow a pointer speed...nevermind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL GOOOOOOODDDD JOOOOBBBB!!! hahaha...Well at least you fixed it...lol

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL GOOOOOOODDDD JOOOOBBBB!!! hahaha...Well at least you fixed it...lol

Since you've been so helpful, perhaps you could help me with my #1 problem since switching over to Mac (about three weeks ago). I can't get web images, specifically thumbnails (YouTube, flickr, etc.), to ever load. That means that it'll say the page is done loading, but half the images aren't displayed. I've had the same problem in Safari, FireFox, and, most recently, Opera. My other two laptops, which are Windows-based, do not have this problem so I don't think it's an Internet connection problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmmmm..To be honest I have no idea why it would be doing this. Perhaps the internet keeps timing you out or something...Maybe someone else on here might know of this problem! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.