2 switcher questions

Reaction score
Hi! I'm pretty pleased with my brand new iMac so far, but I have 3 questions that maybe someone can help with? I've looked around but haven't found anything definitive...

1) Cut/Paste with the right button of a mouse. I know I can COM+X/V, and I can just move things by dragging thru Finder. Is there a setting I'm overlooking that adds the "Cut" functionality to a right-click on a file? I see Duplicate, Paste, and Alias, but nothing that would cut and hold it temporarily like on Windows.

2) I got very accustomed to using Ctrl + T to open a new tab on Firefox. It appears in Safari that I can use Command + T, but it doesn't seem to be working. Odd behaviour. It's a completely new computer, so I can't imagine any programs or files are interferring. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice you can offer! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
1) There is no cut functionality, without the use of 3rd party programs. Frustrating, I know.

2) Dunno, sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Hi! I'm pretty pleased with my brand new iMac so far, but I have 3 questions that maybe someone can help with? I've looked around but haven't found anything definitive...

1) Cut/Paste with the right button of a mouse. I know I can COM+X/V, and I can just move things by dragging thru Finder. Is there a setting I'm overlooking that adds the "Cut" functionality to a right-click on a file? I see Duplicate, Paste, and Alias, but nothing that would cut and hold it temporarily like on Windows.

2) I got very accustomed to using Ctrl + T to open a new tab on Firefox. It appears in Safari that I can use Command + T, but it doesn't seem to be working. Odd behaviour. It's a completely new computer, so I can't imagine any programs or files are interferring. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice you can offer! :)

2) I believe it's command/apple + T to open a new window.

Reaction score
No cut and paste but a few tips for number 1 (Apologies if you were already aware of them):-

When moving a file to a particular folder (Either in Finder window or in Finder sidebar), if you keep the mouse button pressed in, the finder window will change to the contents of that folder. By keeping it pressed in, you can continue doing this through any sub-folders until you reach your desired location, when you can then release your mouse button.

You can also create a shortcut to any folder you like by dragging it to the Finder sidebar.

If you want to open another Finder window when one is already open, so you can drag files from one to the other, just open Macintosh HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I use and would recommend Firefox 3. many of the commands are similar to windows except you use command instead of control.

check that out, probably will be very comfortable for you.

Reaction score
PS

What was Question 3?:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.