Connecting a wireless hard drive to airport

Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought a Freecom Wireless NAS drive. It has connected to my wireless network fine, I have accessed the public folder and everything seems to be seeing and speaking to each other. However Airport and time machine does not seem to see it, it does not come up in the list of networks? I can only access the NAS drive through it's web based interface or direct USB and not through Airport? I have tried to search for the NAS drive using it's name and cannot find it?

Can anyone help? It is driving me mad, as I can interact with it through its web based screen but airport and time machine cannot see it?

OP
N
Reaction score
I found a part solution! Mac had left out Time Machines ability to communicate with Wireless Nas Drives. They left a command out? Copy this command into TERMINAL and press return and Time Machine will see your wireless NAS.

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes

I did it and it worked, I have a Freecom NAS drive.

Airport still wont see my NAS drive though, I have to connect through FINDER, GO and CONNECT TO SERVER or use FREECOMS web based interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.