iMac + MacBook or MacBook Pro 17"?

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
Hey.
Since my MacBook died and I need a new computer for work pronto, I decided I wanted a Desktop but sometimes I do need the mobility.

The question is what you would suggest,
Getting an iMac 24" 2.8Ghz + MacBook for $3,098.
OR
Getting a MacBook Pro 17" for $2,799.

The $300 difference doesn't make any difference for me its a small money.

My uses for the computer is mostly eBay + Adobe Creative Suite 3 and very very soon to be also in use for Pro Tools HD and Logic Pro 8.

Thank you =]

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'd go with MBP since you need a desktop replacement and the 15" MBP is pretty portable. The 17" one is kind of a hassle, I leave that one at home and bring my MBP to class and use my MB when I really need mobility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I'd go with MBP since you need a desktop replacement and the 15" MBP is pretty portable. The 17" one is kind of a hassle, I leave that one at home and bring my MBP to class and use my MB when I really need mobility.

Agreed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.