Question

Reaction score
Hey I just got a mac pro, my first mac. I don't even know what OS it is? I just chose 10.5 so I could post this thread.

Anyways, I just installed Parian and I need to know what my audio output is?

Stereo
Dolby pro logic
Dolby pro logic II
multi-channel output

Which one is it? how do i find out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
this shoudl have your answer http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2837

"Connect to decks, receivers, digital instruments, and 5.1 surround-sound speaker systems using standard Toslink cables or fiber-optic cables with a 3.5 mm plastic or nylon optical plug. You can transfer stereo or encoded 5.1 audio using the S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) protocol and Toslink cables."

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, but didn't exactly answer my question. I need to choose from the followoing...

Stereo
Dolby pro logic
Dolby pro logic II
multi-channel output

How do I find out which one I should choose? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
well, it could be any. Its asking you to tell it what kind of speakers you have attached.

What kind of speakers to you have attached? are they stereo or are they surround sound, if they are surround sound are they dolby or regular mutli-channel output, if they are dolby are the pro logic one or two. Then select the correct option from the list and you are set.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.