Two iTunes Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I *love* the new grid view in iTunes 8, but it made me realize that I was missing a fair bit of album artwork. I resolved most of the missing artwork, but there is some that I can't get with any of the widgets I have. So, two questions:

1/ I have JPGs of the album artwork for the two albums that I couldn't get iTunes or any of my iTunes art widgets to set. Is there some way, in iTunes 8, to set these images as the artwork for their respective albums?

2/ In one case, I am pretty sure that the reason my iTunes artwork widget is failing to set the artwork is because the Album field is blank (I manually imported this particular cut). Is there some way to edit that field and set the album name? I know I have done this in the past but I simply can't remember any more how I did it.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
1). Go back to list view and drag the album art into the white album art box in the lower left corner.

2). Sorry.:/

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1). Go back to list view and drag the album art into the white album art box in the lower left corner.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hmmm, the white album art box in the lower left says "Album Artwork Not Modifiable". Darn! Any thoughts as to why that might be?

These two are old MP3s that I have had forever, which I manually imported into iTunes. Could that have something to do with it do you suppose? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Assuming these tracks are MP3s..... You should be able to select the offending tracks for a particular album then right-click to get the context menu - Get Info.

You can now type in any missing details, Album Name, Album Artist etc. You can also drag the cover image in the Album Art box of this dialogue.

Most of my library is made up of MP3s that were ripped on a windows machine from my CD collection then imported into iTunes when I got my Mac. So the source of the files shouldn't be an issue for you.

Reaction score
Another Question::
Maybe I am missing it but but where/how do I disable the little arrow (iTunes Store link) next to each song. I have always been able to disable this feature but now i cant find it.. Anyone?

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Hey DoneDeal, thanks very much. This actually did work for pretty much every album I tried... except the very first one I tried! So, you were right on. Thanks a lot!

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the suggestion!

Hmmm, the white album art box in the lower left says "Album Artwork Not Modifiable". Darn! Any thoughts as to why that might be?

These two are old MP3s that I have had forever, which I manually imported into iTunes. Could that have something to do with it do you suppose? Thanks!

Thanks all. On an "inspired" guess, I went back to the original folder I had imported these songs from. The song files that I couldn't manipulate were all Read Only. As soon as I changed them to Read/Write, everything was fine. I could set the album art, edit the album title and artist and so on. Thanks to all who contributed to this solution!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.