How is my web design?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
Anyone want to give me any suggestions on how to improve my website and if its easy to use and etc. Any feedback would be much appreciated and welcomed. My website is www.mycookcentral.com

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
How can you say "how is my web design" when it isn't yours, its a Joomla template!

That aside, it looks pro, there is plenty of 'white space' around things and is easy to navigate.

Some people might have issue with the colour of the text in that it is not contrasty enough with the background colour.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
lol thank you for the correction, and yeah im working on fixing things like that haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
why dont you put the text on the front next to that picture rather than below it

i think it will look alot better in my opinion

"Today in this article, I will give a little recipe for making authentic Persian Koobideh Kabobs.

Ingredients needed: 2 pounds of ground beef or ground turkey, 1 onion, 1 garlic, 1 pack of Kabob seasoning, Sumac (Optional), lavish bread, a fourth of a stick of butter, and a pack of metal skewers"

that text to the right of photo

Reaction score
looks nice, maybe make the "headlines" in another color, like darker for example, so you easy see and notice it

and why do you have "Registration is FREE, and you can submit your own articles!
Please register today for your own member profile." in two places, I would rather have the picture with the black on the left side, just keep it away from text?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you all for the suggestions, working on the site but finding less and less free time to do it haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
You need margins around the images.

Your HTML does not validate and neither does your CSS, so you should remove the two links at the bottom.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Oh dear....sorry I'm going to be brutal. I'm very straight forward with crits and I don't sugar coat things. If I sound like I'm a jerk, I'm sorry.

You need to work on your typography. My eye immediately zoomed right to the widow you had with the white type near the photograph.

Just because we are online doesn't mean you get to be lazy.

Your color scheme needs serious help.

Go to this website called Kuler.

Some nice people made some color palettes for you already, or you can make your own. Play around with this thing, you will learn so much about color. I also recommend reading up on color theory.

Typing things in all caps is not your friend. Makes people slow down their reading when you do that. It's okay for some stuff but you have a whole block of in for your navigation.

What happened to the bottom part of the website? You have huge rivers and weird paragraph alignments going on, and you have no spacing between your picture and the type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.