Amount of Memory etc needed for CS3 CreativeSuite?

Reaction score
Hi all

Slight Mac novice here! Was wondering how much power on your Mac/Spec of the Mac is needed to run Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (the one with Photoshop/In Design etc etc) on a Mac?

Many thanks :Confused:

S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
I have an iMac (and now I have exhausted myknowledge of my machine). It came with 2mgs of ram and I have added 2 because I found PSCS3 not quite quick enough. I think it might be a matter of personal preference. I have no patience. I can tell you that I bought non-Apple Ram at a fraction of the cost Apple sells it for and that I was able to install it myself in under 5 minutes even though I can't tell you anything else. I run iTunes, PSCS3, Multimedia Express and a few other programs simultaneously every time I sit down and I have not found it to be a problem.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The eMacs at my school run CS3 with 1GB of RAM. <_<" Super laggy if you are running filters or doing crazy stuff in Illustrator and Photoshop. I would recommend 2GB at the minimum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
1GB can be very laggy at times for me. I STILL need to upgrade. If i can get 4GB, I will finally be able to work on GarageBand and PH at the same time!! I also noticed that ScreenFlow is another memory hog.

as Crimson said, 2GB minimum.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks very much - is there anything else I need to make sure it has a certain amount of or is it the GB's that are important?

Thank you so much!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Thanks very much - is there anything else I need to make sure it has a certain amount of or is it the GB's that are important?

Thank you so much!

Not sure what kind of computer you have so you need to do some research on how much RAM your computer can use.

Go to Crucial and download their Scanner, it will tell you what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
GB's and MHZ speed are important. wanna go with the most of each your computer will handle.

1GB with CS3 was not so fun, at one point it told me I had too many layers to add another and my memory was used up...lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.