Fake 2.1 ?

Reaction score
While everybody was saying that 2.1 wasn't available until Friday and that they couldn't download it from iTunes, I actually did. It was about 239 mb and it installed correctly on my iPod Touch.

Question is, reading through the "new features" on Apple's website for 2.1 software, it says that there's a "multi calendar feature" which I can't find, all I see is the plain old calendar from before with no buttons or anything to add a new calendar (for work or home). Second, I got Genius working, and that IS from 2.1, so I dunno, what other features should I look for in order to see if I got the "full" or the "real" 2.1 software upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
2.1 isnt available for the iPhone until friday.
Its available for the Touch now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reading what the sight says it sounds to me like they are saying you can manage more than 1 calendar at a time with the touch (Home, work, etc). I've been able to do this with my iPhone since day one, but maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I'm hoping 2.1 brings the ability to sync 3rd party subscribed calendars to MobileMe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Reading what the sight says it sounds to me like they are saying you can manage more than 1 calendar at a time with the touch (Home, work, etc). I've been able to do this with my iPhone since day one, but maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I'm hoping 2.1 brings the ability to sync 3rd party subscribed calendars to MobileMe.
Odd, because it wasn't until the 2.0 update that multiple calendars were viewable on my iPhone. I mean, they always showed up before, but they weren't color coded and you couldn't view just one, for example.

To the OP, the multi-calendar feature is just basically color-coded calendars and the ability to view just a single calendar. Calendars cannot be created on the device itself, only on the syncing program (ical, outlook). When creating a new event on the device, you'll have the ability to select which calendar it belongs to. For some reason, you don't have the ability to change the calendar on an existing event.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Odd, because it wasn't until the 2.0 update that multiple calendars were viewable on my iPhone. I mean, they always showed up before, but they weren't color coded and you couldn't view just one, for example.

Baggss has the iPhone 3G, so when he says he's had it from the start, it's because he's had 2.0 from the start ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Baggss has the iPhone 3G, so when he says he's had it from the start, it's because he's had 2.0 from the start ;P

I probably should have assumed that. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I dunno. After installing 2.1 the song names actually have the Album and Artist under them in gray-toned lettering. wasnt like that before.

:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
it's funny how you refered it as a 'fake' update LOL yes it's just a publicity stunt!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
While everybody was saying that 2.1 wasn't available until Friday and that they couldn't download it from iTunes, I actually did. It was about 239 mb and it installed correctly on my iPod Touch.

Question is, reading through the "new features" on Apple's website for 2.1 software, it says that there's a "multi calendar feature" which I can't find, all I see is the plain old calendar from before with no buttons or anything to add a new calendar (for work or home). Second, I got Genius working, and that IS from 2.1, so I dunno, what other features should I look for in order to see if I got the "full" or the "real" 2.1 software upgrade?

How can it be fake if you downloaded it straight from iTunes? If you got it off a website or other means then maybe.

Reaction score
Happy about new firmware

Woah man I was all excited reading this than i read farther into to and saw you were talking about an iPod touch....bummer for me i was just checking and i was like what?!?!? its coming this friday well tomorrow. I just can't wait for this new firmware. My iPhone has unexpected crashes just on anything and some album art is just black. It's weird but oh well im just happy i have one!

OP
L
Reaction score
OK then, big question... How do I manage mutliple calendars like apple says I should with 2.1 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Depends on which desktop app you are using for your calendar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.