Orinoco Airport compatibility?

K

KingAdrock

I've looking for a wireless card for my Tibook, and the card I really want is an Orinoco gold g/b. Does anyone know if this will work with Airport? I know the b cards do, but *officially* the g/b card only works with Windows.

The g/b card works with Kismac, according to their site, but finding networks won't help me if I can't connect to them.

OP
R

Ryanstech

I am pretty sure I used a gold Orinoco card in a older G3 powerbook with an airport. But what I can tell you for sure is that the older airports use the orinoco/lucent cards in the base stations and I have yet to find a card with a better signal and ease of installation on a mac even OS9

All in all your gold card should work fine.

OP
K

KingAdrock

Ryanstech said:
I am pretty sure I used a gold Orinoco card in a older G3 powerbook with an airport. But what I can tell you for sure is that the older airports use the orinoco/lucent cards in the base stations and I have yet to find a card with a better signal and ease of installation on a mac even OS9

All in all your gold card should work fine.

Yeah, I'm know it *should* work fine, but I'm hoping to find someone who has actually used one themselves to confirm it for sure. I'd hate to buy one and find out it doesn't work.

OP
R

Ryanstech

Well I can't say for a Titanium PB but I just looked and I had a gold card for my G3 PowerBook

OP
K

KingAdrock

Ryanstech said:
Well I can't say for a Titanium PB but I just looked and I had a gold card for my G3 PowerBook
But is it 802.11 G/B or just B? I know the B cards work, it's the G's that are questionable.

OP
R

Ryanstech

my gold card is 802.11b only b, unless you got a differnt revision I assume yours is the same

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.