iTunes - Albums/Singles organisation

Reaction score
Hello there,

When I download music I download two types, These are whole albums and singles.

The problem I have is that when i select the 'Music' tab (in coverflow and grid view) and click the 'albums' button all my singles also show up as if they were albums. If i then open these 'albums/singles' only one song is shows up because I only have the one single. I only download cover art for albums so i find there are loads of 'albums' with out covers this way.

Is there any way to get around this, am I doing something wrong?

So far what I have done is blank out all the singles 'album' info and make a smart playlist called 'albums' where the requirements are to have this field blank. is there any better way?

Would renaming all the singles album info to the same thing eg 'singles' work and so make all the singles go into one album?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Would renaming all the singles album info to the same thing eg 'singles' work and so make all the singles go into one album?

That would do the trick...yes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.